Questions about Dracula goby

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few weeks ago I bought a Dracula goby and it ended up jumping out just a day later and died. Today I went into my LFS and they happened to have just got in a Dracula goby with their shipment. I knew better then to buy it since it was still in the original bag but they acclimated it to their “good” tank and put it in a bag of new water and filled it with oxygen. He looked very healthy (I inspected him for a while) so I pulled the trigger. They’re very expensive so I might just be overthinking so that’s why I’m posting here. I pre-dug a hole for him and his buddy (bought a Randall’s pistol with him) and they both went in and chilled all day. Neither came out during my two feedings. Lights have been off for about an hr and I came to do some hw so instinctively I sneak up and shine my flashlight super dimly into the tank and he’s just chilling in the middle of the tank. So the real questions are. How long for him to start eating a little bit? And is it normal for them to roam around at night? Thank you for helping calm my nerves lol

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a pic just to get a visual. He’s not breathing hard and hasn’t moved much. He was right next to the alve frag when I first posted and has moved to where he is in the pic but other then that not much movement
1C6D1659-41B0-40A2-908F-78D0F43B6006.jpeg

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case anyone was wondering shortly after he went back into his cave (at least I think so I couldn’t see him but their caves are normally extensive) I fed just a little bit ago and he came out and has ate a ton! Super happy about that. I haven’t seen or heard his buddy and I’m a little worried as he didn’t look good during acclimation or when I put him in the tank but I’m holding my hopes up. Just happy to see the goby not scared and out and feeding. Sorry for the bad pic, only my blues are on right now

Attachments

• 24D9BEAC-3492-4E4B-A904-A72961E64113.jpeg
    24D9BEAC-3492-4E4B-A904-A72961E64113.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 55

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little late here but glad he turned out okay! Curious if you still have this little guy/what your experience was like with him?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back