questions questions questions

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all
hope someone can help me with this to keep my alk ph calcium correct I add 1 tsp kent tech CB, a little less than 1/4 tsp brightwell alk 8.3 kh buffer and 1 tsp seachem reef complete calcium. I have a 3.5g bucket that I keep the top off water in & aerated. I was told not to mix in the ph/alk while aerating because it would elevate my co2 levels (don't know if that is right so to be safe I just don't add anything to the water) I add the calcium to the tank in a high flow area slowly then wait 5 minutes I add the ph/alk stuff to the 3-4 qts of r/o topoff water mix & add it over 4 hours or so I have some Mrs Wages & if I have been reading right I can add this to the bucket & not have to do all this other stuff. if I have read right I add 2 tsp of Mrs wages per gallon of water in my bucket. so here comes the questions do I aerate the water for 24 hours then add the Mrs wages & then stop aerating & use a powerhead. I know I have to let the Mrs wages settle before using the water but how long? how do I figure how much of the limewater to use to replace the dosing I am now doing? I know this sounds confusing so I hope someone here can help me sort this out.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also check out bulk reef supply. They have several videos on 2 part dosing as well as how to use kalk. Also have some good deals on 2part.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back