Questions regarding quarantine

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you are having a hard time getting larger sized tanks, where will you store the fish once the qt period is over? 10 gallons is too small to quarantine any fish larger than 2 or 3", I suggest you decrease your order of fish and try to get a larger tank to do qt, also if you intend to get all that fish, you might get a medicine with copper for your quarantine, just my opinion.
Copper for eels is a huge NO

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
Copper for eels is a huge NO
Yes, but can I use copper in the quarantine tank with other fish? I am just afraid that the copper can be introduced in the main tank when i add the fish treated with copper which will affect the eel, i am gonna be buying cupramine and salifert, but not if the treated fish is gonna introduce that copper in the main display tank with the eel in it, i just wanna be sure, the eel i currently have is quite a bit sensitive, will the copper also affect groupers?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Y
Yes, but can I use copper in the quarantine tank with other fish? I am just afraid that the copper can be introduced in the main tank when i add the fish treated with copper which will affect the eel, i am gonna be buying cupramine and salifert, but not if the treated fish is gonna introduce that copper in the main display tank with the eel in it, i just wanna be sure, the eel i currently have is quite a bit sensitive, will the copper also affect groupers?
Others- yes
Are you getting coppersafe or cupramine?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assure it’s between.45 and no more than.5 and monitor with a reliable test kit such as Hanna brand
I can't get hanna here, even if I try it's about 150 dollars here, which I would say is too expensive, since salifert is readily available, should I just get that?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get hanna here, even if I try it's about 150 dollars here, which I would say is too expensive, since salifert is readily available, should I just get that?
A lot of people on here use Salifert and stand by them

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What country are you in?
Overseas-
Sera
Salifert

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was referring to cupramine, I personally don't use medications in quarantine unless necessary, but I see many experienced aquarists using cupramine at a therapeutic level during quarantine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back