Questions. Water change, Circulation and Lighting

Joel Franco

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2015
Messages
463
Reaction score
84
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of cycling my 75 gallon tank and starting to figure out what I am using as far a equipment. First question. The tank is 75 gallon and I have a 30 gallon sump. When doing a water change do you calculate the amount to change out including the sump or just the tank? Second question. I already have 1 MP10 from my BioCube that I am planning putting into the 75 if the glass isnt too thick. Will adding another MP10 be sufficient enough or should I get an MP40? Third question. I purchased my tank with some Build My LED lights. Does anyone have experience with these lights?
 
As far as water changes I would do a ten gallon I have a 125 with a fifteen gallon sump and I do ten gallons a week I never have to dose anything and my cal all always stays good.as far as flow in tank I'd get another power head and see how it does.you can always turn them down
 
IMO u can't have to much flow in a reef, depending on ur corals of course, but it also helps with keeping no dead spots in ur tank
 
a neat way to think about water changes is to change the % required to keep any target param you have in mind in line, so each tank varies. some params like nitrate aren't particularly helped with water changes, but others like calcium and alk sure could be. many people don't even dose, they just use water changes for those to be in line
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new