Quick growth on lepto frag

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly am amazed at how quickly this jack-o-lantern lepto is already showing growth since picking up at the ffm. @Triggreef

I switch from the frag plug to a larger tile and can see it is already started to grow onto the superglue buildup, some darn good growth if you ask me.

ZoaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope mine grows as fast!
I just got it yesterday.

The ones I've seen at the LFS grow onto the frag rack in just a month or two.

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's a great grower and for me one of my fav pieces only thing is when u frag it its hardy but gets white marks where u touch it but heals up so far for me very well

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine grows pretty fast. Within a couple months it was touching other frags on my rack and I had to frag it up... Growing back again.

I don't have a recent pic, but this was a month after I got it. Started as just the mound with no growth off the plug.

20151213_155348_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

MermaidTail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly am amazed at how quickly this jack-o-lantern lepto is already showing growth since picking up at the ffm. @Triggreef

I switch from the frag plug to a larger tile and can see it is already started to grow onto the superglue buildup, some darn good growth if you ask me.

It's my favorite too! And mine is growing like crazy. Starting to move down the disc its on in just over a month!

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1458323387.543393.jpg

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a pretty coral. I wish there was a way to keep all these encrusting types separated because I LIKE THEM ALL!! lol

I have some nice ones from FFM waiting to grow out, like an orange with green growth rim, and another orange and yellow but smooth no lines and several neon green ones I don't know what they are.

OP
OP
Brewman1987

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why but for some reason it seems encrusting corals, chalices, lepto,montis, all seem to grow very quickly. Which is ok by me.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back