Quick Question

Big B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2015
Messages
366
Reaction score
232
Location
Lake Ozark MO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, getting ready to start a build thread for my Marineland 60 rimless. I'm finishing up the stand now but am a little worried about my top. It is a solid piece of 3/4 oak ply fully supported to the ground with a 3/4 oak frame. The top will be level and is as flat as I can see running a 24" straight edge across it.

Marineland advises against anything under their stand. Will I be ok?
 
If you bought the tank new and it's carrying a waranty, I would follow their guidelines.
 
To stay under warranty I would have to use their stand which I am not doing. Warranty is out and that's fine. I guess I'm just wondering what other users have done. I know not every owner of this tank has used Marineland's stand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new