Stand build 40G aquatop

tirish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
8
Location
Buffalo , NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my build on the stand for my recently purchased used 40 gallon aquatop. 3/4 Baltic birch ply. Will be painted with a white oak top when complete.

I’ve built quite a few cabinets. Never for an aquarium though. Feel like I could have done without the center panel but felt better putting it in for the added strength.

IMG_0201.jpeg
 
Starting my build on the stand for my recently purchased used 40 gallon aquatop. 3/4 Baltic birch ply. Will be painted with a white oak top when complete.

I’ve built quite a few cabinets. Never for an aquarium though. Feel like I could have done without the center panel but felt better putting it in for the added strength.

IMG_0201.jpeg
Is the center panel glued in? Yes, you could safely have done without it, and if possible I'd remove it and have the space for gear instead 🙂
 
Is the center panel glued in? Yes, you could safely have done without it, and if possible I'd remove it and have the space for gear instead 🙂
It is glued. I really won’t have much as the unit is a AIO. Planning to put shelving in when complete.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new