Quick tour of my local PETCO SW stock

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been to a petco in Fairview heights Il and their tanks looked so bad. I also found better deals at my lfs than at petco.

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been to a petco in Fairview heights Il and their tanks looked so bad. I also found better deals at my lfs than at petco.

Small world! I've been to that one, but NEVER for SW. Not a fan of that one or any, really. There are many LFS (aka small business) that have so much more to offer.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO you can find better deals and some lfs will work with a budget to get your tank up and going plus the knowledge at some of them is outstanding.

OP
OP
NanoDad

NanoDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with what you are saying. This store has a few things going for it, it's new so the tanks are clean. As far as cost I have seen it go both ways. Some stock is high, some is low. A coral banded at my LFS is more than twice the $9.99 I paid at PETCO and it's thriving.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the tanks at my Petco have algae all over, bristleworm infested rocks, sick and colorless fish. My LFS has beat them out hands down.

Reef Stu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That video made me feel like I was watching an episode of Mr. Rogers.

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Small world! I've been to that one, but NEVER for SW. Not a fan of that one or any, really. There are many LFS (aka small business) that have so much more to offer.

I’ve been there too haha

Naoxyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my area, Reno NV, Petco usually has a bigger variety of fish, but they're ALL covered in ICH. Every single tank is in bad condition. Petsmart (who doesn't have saltwater) is the better place to go for healthier livestock. I've purchased from both, and quarantine is definitely key. But, I definitely am disheartened going to Petco and seeing the fish in those conditions.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my area, Reno NV, Petco usually has a bigger variety of fish, but they're ALL covered in ICH. Every single tank is in bad condition. Petsmart (who doesn't have saltwater) is the better place to go for healthier livestock. I've purchased from both, and quarantine is definitely key. But, I definitely am disheartened going to Petco and seeing the fish in those conditions.
Agreed

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 70 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.8%
Back