Quickly multiplying white...things???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Celeste M
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Celeste M

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2015
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently noticed three little white..things.. on the glass of my 29 gal biocube. At first I thought they were baby Asterina stars, but these white things are just circles. They haven't taken on the shape of a star at all. And now they're multiplying - fast. It started with three and a week later I have dozens all over my glass. I've had snail eggs on my glass and these new white things don't look like snail eggs. I have blue legged hermits, nassarius snails, margarita snails, astrea snails, a fire shrimp and two fire fish.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this is???
Image.jpg
 
Looks like colonista snails to me. That or nerite eggs. Do you have nerites?

Edit: Should add that neither are threatening.
 
Nerite snail eggs. Nothing to worry about.
 
Looks like colonista snails to me. That or nerite eggs. Do you have nerites?

Edit: Should add that neither are threatening.
The name doesn't sound familiar..but maybe I did get one or two mixed up when picking them out. I looked up nerite eggs and they definitley look alike!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new