Rêverie Reef - Video thread

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Alfredo, I have been following your tank. I found a tank you might feel is somewhat beautiful, it is a relatively large tank, but has a very minimal floor And a very clear design principle.

Also I saw you did a ‘help a person fix their aquascape’ video.. I wonder if you would be able to help me with mine, my tank is nearly 180 gallons and looks very ‘narrow‘ even though it is 30”. Also as this is my first reef tank in a long time, the corals are still small so I cannot do the ‘multiple corals in large colonies’ style. I have centred on three islands, but unsure on how to positIon them. I have watched your series from awhile back on ideas for different shapes of tank.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that tank, I hadn't seen it before.

There's so many good things about it.

It provides a good habitat for the fish and it's simply like a section of a reef.

The fish have plenty of rockwork and swimming space. I value the aquascaping for the well being of the animals more than anything these days and I appreciate the old rock wall more and more precisely for this reason.

He has a stunning fish population, including my favorite fish, the Majestic Angel.

His tank is a little larger than mine (10cms taller and 10cms deeper), but it only has 120cms of length (mine is 140cms). I was tempted to get a Majestic Angel but I knew it would be a mistake, I would always look at the tank like a cage for that animal.

But like I said before, it's a good habitat for the animals.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Alfredo, I have been following your tank. I found a tank you might feel is somewhat beautiful, it is a relatively large tank, but has a very minimal floor And a very clear design principle.

Also I saw you did a ‘help a person fix their aquascape’ video.. I wonder if you would be able to help me with mine, my tank is nearly 180 gallons and looks very ‘narrow‘ even though it is 30”. Also as this is my first reef tank in a long time, the corals are still small so I cannot do the ‘multiple corals in large colonies’ style. I have centred on three islands, but unsure on how to positIon them. I have watched your series from awhile back on ideas for different shapes of tank.

Can you PM me and send me some photos?

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help Alfredo, and love the update your tank is what I think people think of when they think of a natural reef scape, and most of us have coral tanks not reef tanks these days!

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s too bad the tang doesn’t eat the algae. I added a rabbit fish to my tank. But I am dealing with caulerpa.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help Alfredo, and love the update your tank is what I think people think of when they think of a natural reef scape, and most of us have coral tanks not reef tanks these days!

I wish it was, but when I setup this tank I didn't watch videos and photos of reefs. I don't know why using a video or photo as reference or inspiration more common. Seems like an obvious thing to do.

JRAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They mate regularly but I never witnessed it.

Cool video! I have 2 file fish that are tank raised………not sure if they will be a pair and mate. They always seem to be chasing each other. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they will form a mating pair.

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool video! I have 2 file fish that are tank raised………not sure if they will be a pair and mate. They always seem to be chasing each other. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they will form a mating pair.

When they are close to adults it's possible to distinguish the males because they have hundreds of bristles at the base of the tail.

The male chases the females but the females sometimes also bicker among themselves.

JRAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information! File fish are really fun to watch! They change color and patterns like an octopus….I’m sure mine are still juveniles….got them from Biota a few months ago!

Luminous74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guten Abend Alfredo
ch bin Nik und komme aus der Schweiz. Ich bin kürzlich auf den Aquascape-Beitrag gestoßen und war begeistert. Auch aus dem Thread, in dem du vielen Kollegen Tipps gegeben hast. Dies gab mir viel Inspiration bei der Planung meines neuen 35-Gallonen-Tanks. Obwohl ich noch nicht da bin. Auch dein Panzer ist umwerfend und deine Videos. Ich habe selten einen Panzer gesehen, der der Schönheit der Natur so nahe kommt wie Ihrer. Ich wollte Sie fragen, ob ich Ihnen einige Bilder von meinem Scape-Versuch schicken könnte und ob Sie mir Tipps geben könnten, wo ich es verbessern kann. viele grüße nik

Translation:
Good evening Alfredo
I'm Nik and I'm from Switzerland. I recently came across the Aquascape post and was hooked. Also from the thread in which you gave tips to many colleagues. This gave me a lot of inspiration when planning my new 35 gallon tank. Although I'm not there yet. Also your tank is amazing and your videos. I have seldom seen a tank that comes as close to nature's beauty as yours. I wanted to ask you if I could send you some pictures of my Scape attempt and if you could give me any tips on where I can improve it. many greetings nik

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1578.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back