Not open for further replies.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Reef2Reefers!!

We at R2R want to take a moment to address the current situation and outline the way we're going to handle threads and posts regarding the Coronavirus and the current pandemic situation. First, we want to go on record as saying that regardless of the take people may have on the situation (whether they think it is of concern or not), this whole situation is something that has definitely disrupted "life as usual" for all of us. This hopefully will be a cause for mutual compassion expressed for our neighbors regardless of whether or not we share their assessment of the situation. At R2R, we value kindness as a virtue that should characterize all of us, and so we ask that all of our interactions reflect that virtue. Follow the Golden Rule in all interactions on R2R!

Effective immediately, we have decided that no posts or threads will be allowed regarding the Coronavirus or actions being taken by governments or individuals regarding the pandemic. We understand that it's an important issue in our culture, but with all of the discussions happening in literally EVERY other news outlet, social media, and all other forms of interaction, we feel like all of our members are saturated with information and opportunity to discuss the situation. Instead, we have decided that we want R2R to be a "Coronavirus FREE zone!"

Here are a few reasons for this decision:
1) Reef2Reef is a reef forum, and we want to keep the main thing the main thing here.
2) People have lots of different opinions about the current situation, and the course of these discussions tends to go into an unhealthy direction where discourse stops being civil or compassionate. Nobody needs that!
3) There are lots of sources for information regarding the current situation, and we don't think you need one more.
4) We want R2R to be a place where you can come and relax without having to worry about the things going on with this. This can be an escape/refuge from the other disruptions going on with this.

We appreciate all of you, our valued members! Thanks for your understanding and help with keeping R2R Coronavirus Free!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%

Back