R2R Changing

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I joined this website five years ago I found a place that was warm, uplifting, full of info, not the harpooning of people I saw on the other website that I had been a member of for a very longtime. I have been gone from this website for about a year coming back in the last two weeks still enjoying post from many I know, and new ones. But what I also have noticed is the harpooning of aquarist from either being noobies, or not performing a quarantine right? What happened to the old R2R that just helped new members and added their advice? What if we stopped telling people they are stupid and slow down on the arguments on so many post? I know it is great that R2R has grown so much, but sooner or later many will leave or stop participating here which will lead to its demise, and I definitely do not want that. Rev has built a great forum, as members we need to push forward and keep everything positive.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
agree 1000%...well said.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My theory is that the people you see being rude are on the younger side, like myself. From what I've seen and read, there are a lot of younger hobbyist joining the salty world. These people LOVE forums, and LOVE talking **** and trolling. Which to me, kind of confirms my theory.

Believe it or not, out of all the forums and subreddits I visit, R2R is the most welcoming. You want to see toxic, check our the gaming community. Those kids live for the trolling and **** talking.

I can spot a troll from a mile away, especially one that has only been a member for a couple of weeks with a handful of threads with the intention of stirring the pot- classic troll move.

gpd124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I think some of it can be attributed to an increasingly “connected” world. People spend hours and hours per day on their phone, tablet, computer, etc. I think people find it easier to treat others negatively when they are posting on a forum or social media platform (versus what they might say/do sitting across the table from them). It is a problem that is not unique to R2R.

All of that said, I will say that R2R is still a great place. There are some who are negative. In these instances, it is nice when the Community steps in and cleans things up (ie Setting norms that certain things aren’t acceptable).

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
but we still have to be careful ,sometimes it is a young kid with little knowledge ,looking for help for real.
just going to say "bamboo shark" bashed and locked,spoke w mod ,opened new thread ,brought in friends to curb the "mean ones" still got bashed and locked.
was a true issue ,another member also through pm helped him ,for real.
just have to report the "mean" and "TRY" to ignore as long as possible,until help or op, if "troll " stops.
and sometimes that is impossible .trust me!!! grrr.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's true. But I was referring to the thread earlier this week that got locked- my reply got edited because I ripped into the guy lol.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah pretty sure i seen ,just stayed out.
biocube. " head shakin emoji"

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back