R2R Toys for KIDS at CHRISTMAS 2010!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DEADLINE DEC 13th!

Well it is that time again! YES it is! CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!!

If you are a seasoned veteran of R2R then you know we help unfortunate children every year get gifts at Christmas Time. If you are new to R2R since last Christmas then you are in for a treat! Let me give you the run down. Every Christmas for the past 3 years we have had a donation drive and the members of R2R always show their true colors and give above and beyond the call to duty.

Last year alone we raised over $2562.27 and bought gifts for over 27 KIDS!!!! As many of you know I am a Pastor and every year we see many, many children who are in need and being that I am a Pastor and owner of this site it gives us a special opportunity. First off we make sure that all families are in need and that the kids really wouldn't have much for Christmas otherwise. Secondly we are able to buy all the gifts with no taxes because we are a non-profit. That saved us over $400 last year alone! Third we mark each gift so that the gifts are not allowed to be taken back to the stores in exchange. Sadly there are parents who would take kids gifts back to the store and use the money for other, less productive things. Hate to have to do that but this is for the kids. We also buy nice gifts!

I say all that so that you know that your hard earned money (gifts) will be given to kids with a true need and that we make sure that your donation is used in the best possible way. 100 PERCENT of all donations go to the kids for Christmas!

That being said this year I want us to aim high and shoot for helping 30 kids this year! We can do it! There is nothing that makes you feel better than to give to someone in need. We visited these kids and I can tell you that it would make you cry to see how live, but even more than that how they react to all the presents that were going under their tree.

As in years past I will document the process with photos of the gifts we buy and a total cost to validate the spending. Everything will be done with the utmost integrity. We had so much fun buying the gifts for the kids! Here are some pics from last year.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/an...-kids-christmas-shopping-done.html#post361907

I will keep a running total here and keep this thread updated. The donations are all free of any paypal fees. ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE! Let's get it started!

r2rchristmasdrive.jpg

Last edited:

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clearify: There are no minimum/maximum someone can donate to this cause is there?

I actually think this is a great idea! I'm not able to donate at this exact moment, but what is the cut-off time for donations so that you have time to purchase the gifts?

I know that R2R can help more than 30 kids...I say we set the bar at 35! :) I'm excited about this and I can't wait to donate.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YES! Any donation will help and we have just had our first donation so the beginning total is $15!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks you and the total is now $30 raised!

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah cut-off date please? I know we can help way more than 30 if we have peeps on here spend 800 on a scoly we can help the kids!!! They are our future what we do know impacts our lives when we can hardly move and have to roll around in our mobility scooters.:haha: So skip a coral and help a child!

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So skip a coral and help a child!

Lets make that the slogan! :)

My wife made a suggestion: "I think they should buy every kid the 'Finding Nemo' movie." :p

I'm excited and can't wait until I have some money to donate in the upcoming weeks. I remember getting WAY spoiled during Christmas...I couldn't imagine what my childhood would have been like if I woke up to nothing and went to school and heard about everything the other kids got...that would suck.

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we could get some sponsors involved that would be willing to give a "freebie" coral out to anyone that donates to this cause the next time they plan to make a purchase.. just throwin out ideas...

....R2R has 12,000 members...if each member donated $1 then we'd have $12000...that would buy enough presents for 120 kids..........think of the possibilities.......

just sayin...

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill be first to answer that call.. I still remember when i was young and loved getting even old toys that my pops brought home from rich people that didnt want them anymore. Now i have 2 kids that i cant even imagine how sad they will feel without any toys for christmas. So lets get it started. Ill start off with $100 Rev

And for anyone that donate more that $100 i will send them an SC Utter Chaos =) if i can think of more i will post them

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill be first to answer that call.. I still remember when i was young and loved getting even old toys that my pops brought home from rich people that didnt want them anymore. Now i have 2 kids that i cant even imagine how sad they will feel without any toys for christmas. So lets get it started. Ill start off with $100 Rev

And for anyone that donate more that $100 i will send them an SC Utter Chaos =) if i can think of more i will post them

Wow!

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OK Mike I will take you up on that offer and double it...... Rev 200.00 coming your way..........

COME ON R2R LETS GET SOME CASH A FLOWING.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mike I got your $200 bro and now the total is $230.00. Were getting started kinda slow but I know we will do it!!

Cut off will be in a couple of weeks unless we hit the mark faster!

THANK YOU!!

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love people with a big heart!! Thanks for doing that.. It will all come back to you 10 fold... happy holidays Mike!!

PM me your info and ill get that Utter.

OK Mike I will take you up on that offer and double it...... Rev 200.00 coming your way..........

COME ON R2R LETS SOME CASH A FLOWING.......

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to wait until I do my grocery shopping and then give what I can. Excited about helping!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone we are at $255!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Up to $270!!! YEA!!

Bad thing is that paypal has my account restricted now because I have take "donations." I have to send them all kinds of crap to get it resolved. Proof of church tax exempt, voided checks, letters and more!

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that is why I dont use Paypal lol make sure you stay on there butt everyday after you fax all that stuff because they are slow

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back