Radion blue and pro ab+ setting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jamesrup0411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a video of the pro and blue both at the ab+ spectrum and the blue obviously showing more blue spectrum. Would you guys ever make a video with these same settings.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a video of the pro and blue both at the ab+ spectrum and the blue obviously showing more blue spectrum. Would you guys ever make a video with these same settings.

Hey @Jamesrup0411 ! :)

I guess I'm not quite following your question. The both XR30 Blue and XR30 Pro videos were tested at the end using the AB+ spectrum settings that were available in the Mobius App.

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about just a video on how to use the Mobius App correctly? there are many on R2R who have issues with connecting to lights as well as tuning the lights to meet PAR/Spectrum needs along with what is pleasing to the eye.

Personally, I've used both the AB+ and the LPS/Softies templates on Mobius, but find that they both are VERY blue. I have 2x XR15 G5 Pros. I would love to know if i can adjust the white/green/red along with the blues to find a level of light that is pleasing to the eye but also pleasing to the corals. It all just seems like guesswork. I have ordered a Seneye Reef to help with finding the right PAR level, but i dont think it'll help with Spectrum.

Thanks for all you guys do at BRS!! I didn't win in the $10k giveaway, but that was a really cool gesture by you guys!!

OP
OP
Jamesrup0411

Jamesrup0411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry my first post didn’t make sense. So with the above video, the individual is showing the pro and blue with ab+ spectrum. Basically the spectrum is night and day compared to the two fixtures. If that’s the case, would it still be considered ab+ even though there are two completely different looks

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hadn't seen that video, thanks for sharing @Jamesrup0411 !!

I'm also interested in the question you've asked as I have the Pro versions. Though, when I set to AB+, my tank looks MUCH more blue than the one represented in the video with the Pro...

Wish I knew how to tune it so the corals get what they need and my aquarium doesn't look like a windex bottle - or if thats even possible!!?

OP
OP
Jamesrup0411

Jamesrup0411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hadn't seen that video, thanks for sharing @Jamesrup0411 !!

I'm also interested in the question you've asked as I have the Pro versions. Though, when I set to AB+, my tank looks MUCH more blue than the one represented in the video with the Pro...

Wish I knew how to tune it so the corals get what they need and my aquarium doesn't look like a windex bottle - or if thats even possible!!?
Send pic of your lighting, I have a blue that I haven’t setup yet. My buddy went with the pros and his looks pretty blue on the ab+ schedule but also that schedule is supposed to be blue...try one of the other settings or maybe up your whites a bit

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back