Radion G3 and G3 Pro

  • Thread starter Thread starter abecker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

abecker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
520
Reaction score
188
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a weird question, but would a Radion G3 and a Radion G3 Pro appear different on the same tank? I know the pro has the yellow led and two additional blue LEDs so my assumption is yes, but I didn't know if anyone had first hand experience.
 
Yes they will, however only slightly but to a trained eye I believe you will see a different. It also depends on your aqua scape I believe.
 
Your post got me curious. I happen to own one of each. I set them up side by side and I could not see a difference. Maybe someone else would, but to me they looked the same. On second thought, there was a slight difference in the way they looked on the moonlight setting. The pro looked more blue where the non-pro looked a little more purple.
 
I can notice a difference when they are side by side.......if they are viewed separately (in different rooms for example), they look the same.
 
Worst case, I am sure you can adjust the LEDs on the Pro to visually match the non-pro.....turning things off or down for example.
 
Your post got me curious. I happen to own one of each. I set them up side by side and I could not see a difference. Maybe someone else would, but to me they looked the same. On second thought, there was a slight difference in the way they looked on the moonlight setting. The pro looked more blue where the non-pro looked a little more purple.

I take this back. After much tinkering, I have to say I do see a difference. The pro looks slightly more purple/pink to me under certain settings. The pro is definitely more powerful when it comes to par.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new