Radion G3 XR30W Pro Cleaned & Ready

JustaClown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I was able to spend some time on the 150 reboot and wanted to share my progress. Spent about 2.5 hrs. cleaning 3 lights but it was worth every minute. Did a search on here and found an older thread about the sticky junk on the G3 which was described as a “design flaw”. Needless to say, that thread saved me. I used the recommended baking soda paste and it was a huge success. Even did both MP40QD’s motors as they were in the same condition.

Then I decided to break out the ole trusty Reeflink and see if she still had it after having it for 10 years and I was not disappointed. Will be connecting the MP40s and the Vectra L1 tomorrow. Wish me luck! IMG_1327.jpeg IMG_1326.jpeg IMG_1324.jpeg IMG_1325.jpeg
EDIT: Tried to share a short video but it’s “broken”.

Last edited:

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you could use a small filter type to keep them clean? We would use air filters in our automation cabinets for a similar reason.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sticky junk design flaw???
I’m curious now. I have some older gen 2 and 3s that are sticky on the outside but I thought it was cause they were old and I smoke in the house….
I managed to clean the gen 2s up pretty well tho with a bunch of alcohol and scrubbing

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back