Radion G3 XR30W Pro Cleaned & Ready

  • Thread starter Thread starter JustaClown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JustaClown

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
61
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I was able to spend some time on the 150 reboot and wanted to share my progress. Spent about 2.5 hrs. cleaning 3 lights but it was worth every minute. Did a search on here and found an older thread about the sticky junk on the G3 which was described as a “design flaw”. Needless to say, that thread saved me. I used the recommended baking soda paste and it was a huge success. Even did both MP40QD’s motors as they were in the same condition.

Then I decided to break out the ole trusty Reeflink and see if she still had it after having it for 10 years and I was not disappointed. Will be connecting the MP40s and the Vectra L1 tomorrow. Wish me luck! IMG_1327.jpeg IMG_1326.jpeg IMG_1324.jpeg IMG_1325.jpeg
EDIT: Tried to share a short video but it’s “broken”.
 
Last edited:
I wonder if you could use a small filter type to keep them clean? We would use air filters in our automation cabinets for a similar reason.
 
Sticky junk design flaw???
I’m curious now. I have some older gen 2 and 3s that are sticky on the outside but I thought it was cause they were old and I smoke in the house….
I managed to clean the gen 2s up pretty well tho with a bunch of alcohol and scrubbing
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new