Radion G4 xr30 on 14g cube

  • Thread starter Thread starter KevinC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KevinC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
634
Reaction score
427
Location
nyc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my friend is trying to sell me a used radion g4 xr30 for $450. Would this be over kill on my 14g cube which is 15” deep? And that’s a nice price for the light right!?
 
Yes it is over kill....you would need to run it high above your tank and around 20% depending on how high you could handle the overflow of light.

It will work tho hahah
 
Hi all, my friend is trying to sell me a used radion g4 xr30 for $450. Would this be over kill on my 14g cube which is 15” deep? And that’s a nice price for the light right!?
Def over kill. That’s an ok price if it’s a pro version
 
Dang, what light should I get then. I done some research and some people said that the xr15 doesn’t put out enough par for acros

I’m planning to make it a acropora tank only.
 
Who ever said the xr15 pro doesn't put out enough par is silly.

Looking back at would have gotten 4 xr15 pros instead of the 30s for coverage.
 
You will have to run the xr15 at a higher overall percentage but they will absolutely run acro tanks.

Post a pic of your tank when you get the light set up!
 
Who ever said the xr15 pro doesn't put out enough par is silly.

I guess I’m just going to get a new light then. Any takes on what light to get? It’s like everyone have different opinion on what fits a small aquarium. Before I done research I though even a kessil a160we would be enough, but now I’m just lost.
 
I guess I’m just going to get a new light then. Any takes on what light to get? It’s like everyone have different opinion on what fits a small aquarium. Before I done research I though even a kessil a160we would be enough, but now I’m just lost.
Thats the main issue with the hobby....soooooo many choices.

I started with aquaillumination hydra and then went with their radions.

Now I want to try the V2 lights that are coming out.

Really there's too many choices hahaha

What are you trying to spend on a light?
 
Thats the main issue with the hobby....soooooo many choices.

I started with aquaillumination hydra and then went with their radions.

Now I want to try the V2 lights that are coming out.

Really there's too many choices hahaha

What are you trying to spend on a light?

Ofcourse if it’s cheaper then better lol, but if you are saying that by spending $50-100 more and that would be a better option, I’d spend it in a heartbeat!

The more I think, the more I feel like I should just keep everything in my big tank
 
Ofcourse if it’s cheaper then better lol, but if you are saying that by spending $50-100 more and that would be a better option, I’d spend it in a heartbeat!

The more I think, the more I feel like I should just keep everything in my big tank
Ya I hear ya...thats the point we are at....we have 3 tanks going and the 3rd tank finally needs a light. We are thinking of just getting 1 big one and combining them all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new