Radion G5 Blue led color irregularities

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. So ive had issues with my upgrade from Hydras to Radion XR15 blues from the get go. First lightvi bought burnt the plastic lens during setup as they start at 100%. Ecotech replaced the lens But the star tool that should supposedly come in the package didnt.

Either way, fixed. Saved and bought the second and went through the setup process. Spent a half hour not getting BT connected then i did the unthinkable; i read the manual! I needed the location turned on. Wish that was actually mentioned in the app itself like they did with BT.

Then i went to install the brackets and they didnt come with screws, so i had to buy. Thinking im all good now, i put the lights over the tank and boom, colour matching issue.

Lights are on the same program but one light is brighter and icier blue than the other no matter what. For those whi can remember, its the same difference the US Hydras had vs the Euro Hydras. Purpley blue vs Ice blue. Tested output with a par meter and the icey light pits out a bit more. When i turn the lights down to five percent, the difference became obvious.
The four blue leds in the shaoe of a diamond at the front of the unit are a shade higher NM than the other 8. Kind if inbetween the Cyan and Blue channels but more blue than Cyan.

Anyone had this issue?

Contacted BRS and they put me on to @EcoTech Marine where the team, and in the end TJ from Ecotech took me through the SEP process and they are replacing the light. Only thing is, though i suspect the light thats faulty, im unsure which it truly is. Hopefully the spare will clear that up.

Ecotech needs to clean up their QC since lots of bits and bobs come missing but also kudos to the response by both @Bulk Reef Supply and @EcoTech Marine. In that arena they are number one.

Hopefully their SEP process takes into consideration the COVID UPS, USPS etc delivery issues we've all been facing when sending the faulty light back.

20201216_182752.jpg 20201216_080357.jpg

Last edited:

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is what the calibrate function is for. Not completley sure. Go to settings, Devices, touch the device number/name, scroll towards bottom and you'll see Calibrate.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back