Radion G5 Blue - Max fan speed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

eddius_maximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 XR30 Blues and the fan noise is intense. In the Mobius app you can manually adjust the max speed of the fans but there's a warning stating that the maximum output could be impacted if the max fan speed is adjusted.

The idea of lights dimming randomly throughout the day due to fan speed doesn't sound great. Has anyone ever fidgeted with the max fan speed setting and experienced dimming?

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the fans running at 20% and even there they are unbearably loud. I personally consider the tip of my dealer to deactivate the fan shutdown option unacceptable. the fans run constantly at a constant speed, even at night, and that's annoying!

however, I have not yet been able to determine a reduction in the performance of the lights with a lower percentage.

baker5322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a blue G5 Xr30 and hate the noise. I would not have bought if I had know and don't think I can return. Tried adjusting the fan speed and see no differenced in sound or lights. Called support and they asked for a video. Waiting for the response but I am guessing from what I hear already that the noise is normal. I hope the fan can be replaced or even turned off if possible. If this stupid $900 light burns out in a year I probably will be happy and will with another brand. Sad thing is otherwise pretty good light.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech is not interested in it. You will show it as a user error and that's it. My 4 blue lights are unbearably loud and the support / importer here with us is not interested at all.

Doreno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a blue G5 Xr30 and hate the noise. I would not have bought if I had know and don't think I can return. Tried adjusting the fan speed and see no differenced in sound or lights. Called support and they asked for a video. Waiting for the response but I am guessing from what I hear already that the noise is normal. I hope the fan can be replaced or even turned off if possible. If this stupid $900 light burns out in a year I probably will be happy and will with another brand. Sad thing is otherwise pretty good light.
Did you manage to solve the problem with the fan noise?

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine got quite hot at 60% plus even with the fan on stock (high) settings. I would not adjust the fan down, even if it has a power down/shutoff emergency overheat stop.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%
Back