Radion G5 diffuser necessary ?

kadyooo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, I saw the new diffuser came out for the new Radion g5, is it really necessary or any benefit adding to my g5 xr30 blue? My tank is 18” shallow LPS only.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you get the feeling you can see individual colors from your new lights get the diffuser. If not.. dont spend the money. I guess it all depends on what your eyes see in your tank.

Glauber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It helps spread but u also loose some par but iko its worth it

OP
OP
kadyooo

kadyooo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if you get the feeling you can see individual colors from your new lights get the diffuser. If not.. dont spend the money. I guess it all depends on what your eyes see in your tank.
I run almost all blue 80% of the day, so not really matter about mixing colors , thinking if makes it the light more even spread or natural having it the diffuser?

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't like disco ball in the sand from their black box style then yes you need to add the diffuser.
Well unless you are running the blue one that makes it looks like you dumped a bunch of blue dye in your tank.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the diffuser be easier on your eyes when looking up at the fixture? Not so much for me, but for my kiddos .

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that the question is specifically for radion g5s.

My buddy @adrianr514 just received his g5 diffusers and with 1 with and 1 without he couldn't tell a difference.

Based on that and what had been said in the past, I don't think there is much benefit to have them.

Jminasalli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my g5 diffuser it blends the colors awesome no disco ball at all. And the par actually increased higher in the tank from the blending and decreased at the bottom which worked better for me.

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my g5 diffuser it blends the colors awesome no disco ball at all. And the par actually increased higher in the tank from the blending and decreased at the bottom which worked better for me.
My diffuser worked the same way. my par didn't didn't change at all and par was more even. I like them on the XR30 gen5 blues I have two and there great

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like @Sisterlimonpot mentioned I didn’t see a notable difference between the one with and one without diffuser. Keep in mind I run G5 Blues.

I’m sure at a spectral level they provide a more uniform blend but it’s definitely not enough to say that you need diffusers on the 5s like it was with the 4s.

BOM8ER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Coming from Kessil's to my first set of Radion's ever (XR15 Pro G5 x 3) I can tell you the diffusers work very well and make a massive difference, I also thought I wouldn't need them but once you try them there's no going back.

One comment above mentioned they couldn't tell the difference with one light using the diffuser and one light not..........if this is on the same tank then you wont, as the spread of light from the one not using the diffuser will influence the rest of the tank, I changed two out of three and still didn't notice a difference but when the last diffuser went on, the tank just changed.

The best way to describe the change............... it just looks more natural rather than artificial lighting.

Back