Radion G5 hight

Mattynorth

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48x24” tank and it’s currently lit with my diy led fixtures. These are good and I can grow coral with them. I’ve got a mixed reef but around once a year or so I have to replace a lot of the royal blues as they burn out. So I’mgoing to bite the built and get some Radion G5s (when I can move all the rocking horse poo out of the way)
My problem is that my tank is built behind the wall in my cellar and I only have about 4-5” of room above the tank so would not be able to get the 8” recommended hight. I’m thinking of reminding this by getting several XR15s to try and get the spread of light and running them parity low. I’ve got condensation glass over the tank so they will not get splashed.

any thought or problems I’ve not thought of.

thanks.
 
I would keep an eye on the @Bulk Reef Supply videos, they are measuring lights and height now. They probably have the best info on this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new