Radion G5 incompatible New Lens made for... G5/G6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought the new lens to focus more and spread less with the Radion G5/6

It advertises it is made for but unfortunately, I'm unable to close the light and I found out why.

The new lens is slightly bigger in length/width, it's not much but enough to prevent using it.
20240130_173418.jpg

I'm using the Radion G5 Pro, there's little plastic to put where you see big hole on the left of the picture, tried with or without doesn't change anything.

It's ahumm.. frustrating. So far I have over 100% problem with your (ecotech) product, even the one received because of faulty are not working, now this little new gadget ... I just can't catch a break it seems. Out of 10 products... it's a % I never thought it would be possible.

This post was edited by a moderator and a part was censored/edited.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This post was edited by a moderator and a part was censored/edited.

Hello,

All that was edited out was the part where you were calling out R2R for no good reason. Please don’t insinuate things about R2R in your posts and they will not be edited. I hope you get this issue you have with this product resolved! :)

Thank you and I hope you understand.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright some news:
I've talked with service support, gotta give credit where is due, they are reachable as always on this!

After 2 hours, the result is, that they will send me a back cover and the lens, the default one and the focus one to ensure (hopefully...) they will fit properly. I will have to pay the Duty tax and they wouldn't overvalue the price of what they send, it's been a problem in the past and with FedEx taking all advantages and more of any mistakes.

Side note: Anyone shipping something from USA to Canada: don't use FedEx, even distributors are asking for this but they won't change it.

Something that bothered me a little bit during our conversation is the denial of the fact and the proof they are not the same dimension despite all the evidence I showed. I believe there's a miscommunication between the customer service department and the people who make/design/produce the light.

Over time many itinerations of little corrections (which is great) are made and it probably just doesn't show up in their system to verify.
So much Radion G6 got born I assumed? (idk)

20240131_093034.jpg
20240131_093549.jpg
20240131_095247.jpg

And now my light as stop working because of a bug or whatever, I have to factory reset and put back my light schedule, annoying but... I guess I'm used to it, not the first time. If I ask for "repair" (aka fix the dang bug) distributors want to charge me for a new light... so I'm stuck with this situation.

I will update once I receive the new parts.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad to see your getting a resolution with this!

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright after 2 months of ... mess, ship, reship, border, wrong item etc...
It's been resolved.

There are at least 2 different Covers for G5 and 2 different lens dimensions.

It's something that is not acknowledged in their system, creating some confusion.

I want to point out, that they put the right price value when shipping those items this time, which made everything easier despite other problems. FedEx Is still a pain in the b utt. (at least USA to Canada)

Currently using the Focus lens, I can tell the difference.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back