Radion Intensity Question - SPS AB+

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also agree...a par meter is a good idea. I have not charted mine recently and with this programming. My plan is to slowly raise total intensity to 85% over the next few months slowly.

I've been using my Reeflink to bump mine up a few percent over a 4 week acclimation period, then repeating. I figure slower is better.

Minnow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be there are no nutrients in the water for the coral. Where do you keep your nitrates and phosphates?
A tank that is "too clean" with no available nutrients can cause issues too. Is that a possibility?

Just a thought.

OP
OP
Jay_M

Jay_M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a reverse superman monti?

Sorry for the delay I was out of town with no cell service.. one guy at the LFS called this a mystic sunset while the other guy reverse super man. What ever happened to yours? The update is polyps are out now but there is still white receding on the edge.

OP
OP
Jay_M

Jay_M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pics.these 2 frags are side by side.

b02f63b748a543aa67b2382bd586446f.jpg
db46972615f92d4c6b41ea1824335f0c.jpg
d897abb79c8dc0728437f75cf40bbd8f.jpg

65a654648bee13d07b60f4cea3cc66a0.jpg

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowered mine to 30 %. WDs and OP stoped PE. Nitrates are now at 5. Look better since lowering.

reefers paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As said before... G3 and G4 are two different beasts as far as output.

I am running 3 Gen 3 Radions and the AB+ setting. I am running at 70% total intensity over a 180 display. I am also supplementing with two 48" T5's.... adding in more color and eliminationing shadows. I started. I have hammers that lost color... I have SPS that are doing fine including blue rim and green montias.

Also agree...a par meter is a good idea. I have not charted mine recently and with this programming. My plan is to slowly raise total intensity to 85% over the next few months slowly.
i have a 4 ft 120 display 2 gen 3 xr30 pros 8" off the water. i went from black boxes to gen 3 pros started off at 50% intensity then went all the way down to 40% on left slider. euphillya is faded and eagle eye monti is dying from around edges. zoas leathers and shrooms r fine. i think i need more intensity. my params are great. i also supplement 2 48" t5's for 30 mins of time. suggestions?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40% on the left slider is around 26% when you hover over the set points ? I also have the Radion G4Pro on the arm, 8 “ above water, with a diffuser on it. Centered over a reefer 170 using a par meter, light at 40%. Readings were anywhere from 100 -130 on the bottom to 230 in the center 1/2 down from tank plus the 8 “ on arm. Using the AB+ (modified With less whites, red, green). I have since put it back to the 20% wh/red/green and things are looking better. You may need a little more light.

dansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
?
i have a 4 ft 120 display 2 gen 3 xr30 pros 8" off the water. i went from black boxes to gen 3 pros started off at 50% intensity then went all the way down to 40% on left slider. euphillya is faded and eagle eye monti is dying from around edges. zoas leathers and shrooms r fine. i think i need more intensity. my params are great. i also supplement 2 48" t5's for 30 mins of time. suggestions?

Sounds like you may need to bring up the intensity some. Why did you drop it from 50%?

I am running the AB+ over my 180 now at 70% total intensity. Things get a little whacky when I go much higher... I tried upwards of 80% but the corals look a bit pi$$ed.... so... Also, I run my 48" t-5 supplement.... for about 8 hours.... I work from home and like what the tank looks like. I also hadnt been changing the bulbs as often as I should have....and saw some corals getting a bit pale. So I bought new bulbs and things started popping.... Perhaps for me the t-5 are not so supplemental......

Are you using their EcoSmart live cloud service together with their reeflink? I am. I can manage my radions and vortechs from that. If you raise your intensity of the radions.... you can set an acclimation timer.... that will allow you to slowy raise the intensity over time. If you decide to go to say....60% intensity.... set it to rise over a couple of weeks.

The other thought may be to use your t-5 supplement for the mid-day time frame.... or even 8 hours like I do. two t-5s wont harm your corals if you run them parallel to the radions....

Good Luck!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back