Radion Reeflink with Gen 3 PRO Moon Question

tomcoleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm currently using the Echotech coral LAB template for SPS+ growth.

My lights come on at 3pm and off at 10:15PM giving me around 7hrs of light at 30% brightness.

This is fine, and working well.

However when the lights first come on and when they go off the light is a very low blue, almost like a moon light and the corals really look fluesent.

How can i add some addtional "moon" type dots before and after, as when i click it just messes all the points up!?

Here is my current radion setting

radion.png

moseley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI Prime which does moon phase. It looks as if this one works similar. I have to set a night time period and set the light for that time. Then the moon phase calculates what percentage of that light intensity to allow based on the current phase of the moon. So there are times when the moon light is brighter than others.

OP
OP
tomcoleman

tomcoleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI Prime which does moon phase. It looks as if this one works similar. I have to set a night time period and set the light for that time. Then the moon phase calculates what percentage of that light intensity to allow based on the current phase of the moon. So there are times when the moon light is brighter than others.

thanks for the reply. ideally looking for someone who has reeflink and can be definative on what todo

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just create new points on your graph for where you want the moonlight to start and stop, or adjust the end points of your lighting period to your desired moonlight setting. You will notice that my start and end points have two points that are 5 minutes apart. That is because the lights don't perfectly match at the lowest levels of dimming and having the light go from zero to 1-2% quickly causes them to match up the best.

moonlight.jpeg

OP
OP
tomcoleman

tomcoleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still struggling to get it programmed properly

when i click to make a point the end of the lights is 0 but i add a moon point so it will go lights of then they will come back on again to moon?? not really a smooth transistion.

ecotech1.png

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try bumping up the intensity of the start of your day to match the beginning of your moonlight period. I had to play around a bit to make it look right.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 63 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.6%
Back