Radion SPS AB+ Intensity?

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Height: 28"
Lights: Radion G4 Pro

I'm running the AB+ profile from the coral lab template. It defaults the intensity and brightness to 100%. That said, the ramp from start of day to peak goes like this (28%, 67%).

I'm new to the hobby. Is this not too much intensity for coral? I'm concerned I could cause damage.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Height: 28"
Lights: Radion G4 Pro

I'm running the AB+ profile from the coral lab template. It defaults the intensity and brightness to 100%. That said, the ramp from start of day to peak goes like this (28%, 67%).

I'm new to the hobby. Is this not too much intensity for coral? I'm concerned I could cause damage.
What lights were you running previously?

Dvara78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My max overall intensity is @ 65% and light sights 9" above water on the RMS mount

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights were you running previously?

None, these are the only ones. I've had LPS under these lights and really started only looking at fine tuning the settings. The LPS have done great, but they are also on the lower part of the tank, not the top section where I plan on putting my SPS.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None, these are the only ones. I've had LPS under these lights and really started only looking at fine tuning the settings. The LPS have done great, but they are also on the lower part of the tank, not the top section where I plan on putting my SPS.
Your SPS should be ok depending on which lighting they were under previously. You may want to decrease the intensity to around 45-50% at first.

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your SPS should be ok depending on which lighting they were under previously. You may want to decrease the intensity to around 45-50% at first.

Thanks, I'll do that! I'll look at setting up an acclimation timer through EcoSmart. Might go from 45-50% to the original 100% over 2-3 weeks.

Garrett112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dvara 78, can you please confirm something for me. All the threads indicate a person running at max intensity. Yet this is not specific enough. There are two intensities, the one on the intensity slider and the one when you have a specific point selected.

Are you saying your slider is set at 65%?

I have 2x2x2 cube and have the ab+ at 65% on the slider and just can't seem to settle down on which intensity to stay with - with regards to the slider. The ab+ with the slider at 65% produces a max of overall 45% on point selected at the max intensity.

Can you clarify and comment on how long you've been running this, what types of corals placed where and how successful (or not) this setting has been for you?

Thanks!

Garrett112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dvara 78, can you please confirm something for me. All the threads indicate a person running at max intensity. Yet this is not specific enough. There are two intensities, the one on the intensity slider and the one when you have a specific point selected.

Are you saying your slider is set at 65%?

I have 2x2x2 cube and have the ab+ at 65% on the slider and just can't seem to settle down on which intensity to stay with - with regards to the slider. The ab+ with the slider at 65% produces a max of overall 45% on point selected at the max intensity.

Can you clarify and comment on how long you've been running this, what types of corals placed where and how successful (or not) this setting has been for you?

Thanks!

Dvara78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garrett - i've tried both ways. Initially the slider was kept at 65% which meant my max peak at the highest point was approx. 40%+

I now have the slider at 97% which puts my max peak at the two highest points around 65%.

When the slider was at 65% i had growth, but slow and colors seems muted. With the slider @ 97% i'm seeing more growth and colors are slowly coming in as SPS acclimated to the new setting.

I have approx 10-15 SPS frags (acros and milli's) scattered around the middle of the tank 3/4 of the way up on the rock work (approx. 10"-12" from the light.

I also began dosing ESV 2 Part around the same time I increased intensity so hard to tell if the increased intensity helped or dosing 2 part (or both).

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back