Radion Sunrise Sunset times - Mobius

jefft0826

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What times do you set for the sunrise and sunset? Are you using the actual sunrise and sunset or do you adjust? Lights in the house where the tank is are usually on in the house around 7am and they go off around 9

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just adjust your light period to when you want and are able to view the tank. Some don't want bright blue living rooms into the dark hours but we don't mind it. I start my sunrise at 10 am and are lights out at 10 pm after sunset which gives 7-8 hours of full-on light.

My fiance' gets home around 7 pm and we want a couple hours of light though that period so she gets a chance to see the tank in full glory. Moon lights start a few minutes after sunset and go until midnight when they fade out (depending on the moon cycle).

OP
OP
J

jefft0826

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of adjusting them to come on at 10. Do you think it will matter that there are lights on in the house before then?

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is in a dark room and does not turn on until Noon and off just before midnight.

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't matter. Compared to the tank lighting the ambient light won't affect anything, unless it's in direct sunlight, of course. The fish don't care and it won't be enough affect anything else.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't matter. Compared to the tank lighting the ambient light won't affect anything, unless it's in direct sunlight, of course. The fish don't care and it won't be enough affect anything else.
I have to disagree with the fish won't care. If the lights turn off at midnight and the sunrises at say 7am causing their nighttime to end. Then they are awake for 17 hours a day and only have 7 hours of darkness. My fish are very much awake before the lights turn on just off ambient light. I can even feed them and they will eat. Fish need lights out just like any other creature. Assuming they don't seems misguided. They get around 12 hours of darkness everyday on the reefs they normally come from along the equator. And average 12 hours a day throught the year if not on the equator. They can obviously live this way without dying, but to say they don't mind it is probably not true. I'm sure it is not good for them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back