Radion T5 retrofit

  • Thread starter Thread starter jamesm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jamesm

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
76
Reaction score
1
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 XR30 pro's currently over my 75 gallon rimless. I'm going to retrofit 2 T5 fixtures in a canopy along with the Radions that will hang about 10 inches over the tank. Has anybody had experience with adding T5's with Radions? Any suggestions on what bulb's I should use? I ordered 2 ea of the following bulb's so I have the option's of 1 each or 2 of the same bulb along with the Radions. I currently run one of the Radion Template schedules slightly modified to my liking. Tank is a mixed reef tank. More LPS then SPS.

2- 39W Indigo Sun UV bulb's
2-39W Aquasun 10,000K-uv BULB'S

Any help would be appreciated.
 
I have two-two bulb t5 with my Radions and am very happy with how it turned out. I run 2 blue plus and 2 purple plus
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1453405536.055245.jpg
 
I am building a fixture this weekend to hold my 4 t5s I am adding to my radions. Not sure on bulb selection yet but leaning towards 2 blue + and 2 purple +.
 
I have no experience with Radions but I retrofitted my Orphek Atlantik fixture with 4 54w T5s and I am very satisfied with the result. I'm running the LEDs pretty blue and balance that with the T5 bulbs. Current configuration:
ATI coral plus
Red Sea reef-spec pink
ATI coral plus
ATI blue plus

f5d479127cf65a4c2ab10c6a77454ab7.jpg


124214674d430eb3669d34359b7eb693.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new