Radion users, please shed some light

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 radion g5 blues over my 47 gallon, 36x17x17, heavily stocked with acro frags and I am getting discouraged with leds once again. I’ve tried radions in the past and ended up trading out for a dinky tek light which finally grew my corals. I don’t know what the problem is. I run them about 10” off the water at about 35% using the ab+ program. If I slowly try going higher I either burn the corals or straight out kill them. Most frags are very brown. NO3 and PO4 are low but not immeasurable. I feed heavily so I’m sure my nutrient import/export is just about right. I know others are able to grow corals and even keep great color. I haven’t use a par meter yet so I don’t really know if par is what is should be. Am I the only one struggling with these lights? I plan on making them as t5 as possible by getting the diffusers plus I have 3, so I’m sure there is enough light to go around.

LSU-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rent the PAR meter and figure out what you are actually providing the corals.

I use a single G5 blue over my 60 cube and the coral are colorful and grow well. I have it set so that I am getting 350-375 PAR a the top and about 250 at the sand.

OP
OP
C

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately only one lfs near me has a par meter but isn’t renting right now.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back