Radion "viewing" profiles?

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I search forums and google there is a plethora of profiles that come up for various coral growth, moonlight, etc. But the one thing I'm struggling to find is examples including pictures of "viewing" profiles, such as those used for your own pleasure to view or for "showing off" colors in a frag tank, etc. Could anyone either share your viewing profiles or point me in the direction that I might find some? I don't use ecosmart, as I have an apex WXM, so I need to know the specific settings per channel if you share a profile.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to Radion as I have only had my Gen 3 for a couple months. I setup the AB+ from coral lab to my "viewing" liking. I run the entire program like this. I also extended the hours to suit my liking as well. Here is a screenshot of my main day point as well as some images I took on Friday during this light schedule. My lights kick on at 10 am and ramp to this point shown below. they then run to 8:45 or so like this and then ramp down to a short moonlight at 10PM. Photos are cleaned up in Photoshop are pretty spot on color wise.
Capture.PNG

DSC_9480.jpg
DSC_9489.jpg
DSC_9491.jpg
DSC_9501.jpg
DSC_9504.jpg
DSC_9512.jpg

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah that's interesting that you just up the white a bit on the SPS AB+ profile for viewing. I do use the SPS AB+ profile for growth period.

Fishface1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 gallon - I just started using the LPS/Mixed @ 50% schedule myself... Liking it so far, although it's a lot dimmer than my version of Jon's I was running previously. I'm still in the acclimate mode for another week and will make adjustments after that. The corals seem to be loving it so far though!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am new to Radion as I have only had my Gen 3 for a couple months. I setup the AB+ from coral lab to my "viewing" liking. I run the entire program like this. I also extended the hours to suit my liking as well. Here is a screenshot of my main day point as well as some images I took on Friday during this light schedule. My lights kick on at 10 am and ramp to this point shown below. they then run to 8:45 or so like this and then ramp down to a short moonlight at 10PM. Photos are cleaned up in Photoshop are pretty spot on color wise.
Capture.PNG

DSC_9480.jpg
DSC_9489.jpg
DSC_9491.jpg
DSC_9501.jpg
DSC_9504.jpg
DSC_9512.jpg
Excellent photos!

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to Radion as I have only had my Gen 3 for a couple months. I setup the AB+ from coral lab to my "viewing" liking. I run the entire program like this. I also extended the hours to suit my liking as well. Here is a screenshot of my main day point as well as some images I took on Friday during this light schedule. My lights kick on at 10 am and ramp to this point shown below. they then run to 8:45 or so like this and then ramp down to a short moonlight at 10PM. Photos are cleaned up in Photoshop are pretty spot on color wise.]

Have you made any spectrum changes since this post? I run the same exact program as you. After reading battle corals post on LED lighting I figured let me just change my light one time to my liking so I can finally stop. I like the SPS AB+ with the whites at 35% because it reminds me of MH which actinic bulbs.
Have you changed anything to your light schedule and are you satisfied with the growth and color with these settings?

upload_2017-9-29_17-2-19.png

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally ruined that post somehow!

Here it is

Have you made any spectrum changes since this post? I run the same exact program as you. After reading battle corals post on LED lighting I figured let me just change my light one time to my liking so I can finally stop. I like the SPS AB+ with the whites at 35% because it reminds me of MH which actinic bulbs.
Have you changed anything to your light schedule and are you satisfied with the growth and color with these settings?

upload_2017-9-29_17-2-19-png.586380

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally ruined that post somehow!

Here it is

upload_2017-9-29_17-2-19-png.586380
I stopped using radions shortly after this post. They seemed to grow coral just fine, though the AB+ is not the best for viewing, too blue for my taste.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back