Radion XR-15 intensity suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tallison
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tallison

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
479
Reaction score
337
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the suggested intensity for 2 Xr-15s 12-14 inches above the aquarium? It's a mixed reef with a few nems. Any pics of lighting schedules would be great
 
The AB+ schedule is proven to be a good program. I run that at 70% intensity. Make sure you do an acclimation.
 
The AB+ schedule is proven to be a good program. I run that at 70% intensity. Make sure you do an acclimation.
Awesome, I was originally on the apex profiles that topped out at 60% then moved to 70% on AB+ and my nems started moving. Wanted to make sure 70% wasn't too much
 
If I go over 70 I start getting some bleaching of lps. My montipora loved it higher but 70 is a good balance for me. Of course a acclimation is a good idea with leds.
 
Besides height above the water, it's going to depend on how deep your tank is too. I have mine about 9" above the water (standard RMS mounts) over a tank that is 18" deep, and run them at about 45%. There are a lot of variables so you need to just dial it in for your particular situation. Best thing to do is either get a meter and aim for a certain intensity at a certain point in the tank, but even with no meter just slowly ramp up the intensity and keep an eye on whether things continue to look better or start to look worse.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new