Radion XR30 G3 UV issue

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently picked up a used G3 pro that seemed to be in great condition, but I’m having a problem with the UV channel during low power/night. One cluster shows all the UV lights on at 5% brightness with the channel set at 100, but the second puck has one UV led not turning on. If I increase the brightness to 30%, it turns on.

I’ve tried calibrations and that doesn’t seem to help. Is this channel just finicky at dimming for the night/moonlight effect?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with a G4 fixture but mine is not as bad.
One of the two pucks, the UV diodes will not turn on until the intensity is at 5%.
I spoke to Ecotech and basically they told me to try a reset which did not help and to send it in for diagnosis and repair.
I did not do so because I didn't think it was worth the $50 just in postage for to and from (yes you have to pay for return postage when not in warranty period) let alone the additional cost if they needed to change out the cluster.

OP
OP
ocncheffy

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with a G4 fixture but mine is not as bad.
One of the two pucks, the UV diodes will not turn on until the intensity is at 5%.
I spoke to Ecotech and basically they told me to try a reset which did not help and to send it in for diagnosis and repair.
I did not do so because I didn't think it was worth the $50 just in postage for to and from (yes you have to pay for return postage when not in warranty period) let alone the additional cost if they needed to change out the cluster.

I do know that if you go into “live” mode and only use the UV slider and max it out, the brightness only allows you to jump 5% at a time compared to the other channels which allow 1% increments. Still, it’s just moonlights and it does work during the peak time for growth, so I’m not too worried.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I utilized the calibration method to see when the channel turned on. With the G4, the good puck was on even at 1% but as we both agree, not worth trying to fix.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back