Radion XR30 gen1 vs gen2 pro

crys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM fusion 20 which is about 24 inches long. I’d like to grow mainly softies and LPS but I’d like the option of doing some SPS if I decide to down the line.

I found a XR30 gen1 for $175 CAD and a XR30 gen2 pro for $250 CAD.

I was trying to figure out whether I can get away with the Gen 1 or if the Gen 2pro is the better way to go. Since my tank is fairly shallow compared to the larger tanks people have the XR30s on, do I need the extra juice the gen2pro provides?
Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated :)

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d probably go for the G2 for $75 more. Since it’s more powerful and probably has less run time. But enough can’t go wrong with either.

OP
OP
crys

crys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d probably go for the G2 for $75 more. Since it’s more powerful and probably has less run time. But enough can’t go wrong with either.
Yeah par wise both would be adequate for my sized tank but I think I’m leaning towards the G2 for the better colour and longer lifespan.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the G1 and upgraded to G3. The difference was MAJOR. I had issues with corals (particularly acans) shifting colors under the G1, but the G3 fixed that issue. I'm not certain about the difference between G1 to G2, but I'd definitely go G2 over G1 given my experience.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back