Radion xr30 led upgrade questions

Devin.Glascock

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Clovis, New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you guys. I have two radion xr30 pro gen5s on my reefer350 90g tank. I mainly have sps and LPs in my tank. I installed the high output lenses on both my light and mainly only run blue spectrum except for a couple of hours where the whites are at 5%. I love the blue look and glow of my tank and thinking about upgrading the led board to the gen 6 blue. I also have an AI grow blade on my tank. Due to me only using the whites for a couple hours a day, should I upgrade my let boards? I know when the whites are off it seems half of the LEDs are off. Just getting some opinions of the upgrade will be worth my time and money or not. Thank you.
 
I run the gen 5 blues on my 50.
They were designed to run the ab+ setting which I run. You lose alot of par running the whites at 5%.
I run ab+ @ 75% on my 50 and ab+ @ 100% on my 15 nano.
Colors are perfect, imo.
Can't hurt to try the upgrade but
what do you expect from the upgrade?
50 is 1 year.
15 is 5 months and a mixed reef.
20250803_142521.jpg
20250802_105935.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new