Radion Xr30 settings for anemone tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter dkevink
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dkevink

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
94
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 40 gallon breeder anemone only tank and wondering what light settings or PAR levels others have had luck with for BTAs?

I had anenome in 75 with torches, but didn’t want to risk a stinging war. I had 2 Radion Xr30 lights set at AB+ setting at 15% on my 75. About 100 par from BRS’s video if you scale it down. Anemone stayed at bottom or under shelf. Either too much flow or light.

I have seen PAR readings all over the place. Wondering what others have had luck with? Starting out low, around 10%, maybe 60-80 PAR. Don’t want to bleach them out. Condy under light on bottom. BTA went to top corner. I feed both regularly. Thanks
 
I have been reading other posts. Most say around 200-250 PAR. That would be around 50% intensity at a AB + setting on a gen3 pro Xr30. I know a Radion Xr30 is kind of overkill on an anenome tank, put the colors you can get are awesome. Going to raise it up slowly until anenomes moves to lower light and see what happens. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

No problems yet maybe because of feeding in lower light.
 
I don't think Radions are overkill. I'd say they're just about right. :cool:

I use Radions on all of my anemone tanks, a combination of XR30s and and XR30Pros. All are on AB+ setting at various intensities. My tank with BTAs is only 12" high with the Radions 8" off the surface of the water, running AB+ setting at 50% intensity.

BTAs can handle a lot of light. And unlike corals, if they don't like the light they'll respond by moving. That's why I like anemones so much -- no real need to guess if they're "happy" or not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new