Radions and Apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full disclosure: I'm new to Radions and Apex...
But-
Can I manually control my Radions through the Apex? For example, wanting to turn the lights on outside of the set photoperiod, or play with the current spectrum I'm seeing... can it only be done using Ecosmart Live with a Reeflink?
Also, can I use the Reeflink in addition to the apex?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can use the apex to set up color and timing. Don't use the eb8 or eb832 for outlet control, though. Just use regular outlets for radions and vortechs.

The control for the lights in Apex come via the WXM module.

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can use the apex to set up color and timing. Don't use the eb8 or eb832 for outlet control, though. Just use regular outlets for radions and vortechs.

The control for the lights in Apex come via the WXM module.

I have them set up through the WXM and they're all connected and working, and I know how to set up and change the schedule of color and intensity, but do you know if I can control the lights outside of the scheduled photoperiod? So basically, when the Apex photoperiod is set for them to be off, can I override the programming and turn them on to show a guest the tank or play with the intensity and spectrum through the Apex? Or do i need a reeflink to do this?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good question! My WXM is actually being delivered today for radion/vortech control. Curious about this!

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can turn them on, via the dashboard. but you cant play with the intensity unless you send the update to the light. here what i do.. I save my current settings and upload them, then i can play with them and always go back to that setting after im done. but on the fly like the AI prime where its instant, you cant through the apex.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you can turn them on, via the dashboard. but you cant play with the intensity unless you send the update to the light. here what i do.. I save my current settings and upload them, then i can play with them and always go back to that setting after im done. but on the fly like the AI prime where its instant, you cant through the apex.

Thanks!

By the way, I managed to get my two mp10 hooked up tonight and wow its soo nice! Im holding off on the light for now as i have been tinkering with that too much latley and just need to let it be. But its soo nice to make flow schedules and have the feed modes. Now i can hide my vortech controllers away in my cabinet and never look at them again!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back