Radions forgetting program?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I've been having occasional issues where 1 or 2 of my Radions seems to forget the programming. The last half hour of the day the lights should be all blue however sometimes I find only 1 or 2 of the lights are blue and the other(s) is full brightness, maybe not full but very bright and heavy on white. Once I didn't notice and the light stayed on all night. All I have to do is re-program and that corrects the issue but it shouldn't be happening at all. I had a Xr15pro for years with 0 problems. I upgraded to a bigger tank and added 2 more XR30 pro's, which I purchased used, and those seem to be the ones that give me problems. Could they have been damaged prior to my owning them? Is there anything specific that would cause this situation? I wouldn't go so far as to say it happens frequently but even once is too much in my opinion. Thanks for any help.

Chris Wooten

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens to me sometimes also, when I go onto the app and click on schedule the messed up one(s) will go back to normal. It happens on both of my tanks Xr15's and XR30's.

Mopartech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I've tried updating the firmware but it's up to date. I thought maybe the offset timer got turned on but nope. So I'm stumped.

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same issue. After speaking with ecotech support they believe its a clock issue and wanted me to send my lights for repair.
I have not gotten around to sending yet so i can't say for sure if that is the issue.

Andrewalex11

Reef Technology
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the lights outputting what should be outputted just at the wrong time? or is it something completely random?

OP
OP
creas

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the lights outputting what should be outputted just at the wrong time? or is it something completely random?
I don't believe so. I'm running one of the coral lab programs. All 3 lights have left sinc at different times, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason why it happens.

OP
OP
creas

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same issue. After speaking with ecotech support they believe its a clock issue and wanted me to send my lights for repair.
I have not gotten around to sending yet so i can't say for sure if that is the issue.
I've been a big Ecotech supporter and I have to say this is slowly turning me. To read that this is happening to other people and no one can say why is alarming. My corals and fish have been affected by this negatively. Had I not been able to check my tank every day I would have lost my whole reef. One time 1 of the lights stayed on ALL night and seemed to be at 100%.

Andrewalex11

Reef Technology
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it sounds like whatever type of programmable chip that holds the program settings for your lights are receiving clock signals at irregular speeds. There is probably something as simple as a capacitor burnt out. Very common thing to happen with electronics. Definitely send it into Ecotech to get it looked at, if you don't have a warranty I would then try to have a local electronic hobby shop/parts dealer that does repairs take a look at the circuitry.

Andrewalex11

Reef Technology
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are all the same age I wouldn't be surprised if the only one that works good goes down the same path soon as well! Keep an eye out!

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which version is it happening to? Its happened to both of my xr15 gen 3 pros but my gen4 seems ok.

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I've been having occasional issues where 1 or 2 of my Radions seems to forget the programming. The last half hour of the day the lights should be all blue however sometimes I find only 1 or 2 of the lights are blue and the other(s) is full brightness, maybe not full but very bright and heavy on white. Once I didn't notice and the light stayed on all night. All I have to do is re-program and that corrects the issue but it shouldn't be happening at all. I had a Xr15pro for years with 0 problems. I upgraded to a bigger tank and added 2 more XR30 pro's, which I purchased used, and those seem to be the ones that give me problems. Could they have been damaged prior to my owning them? Is there anything specific that would cause this situation? I wouldn't go so far as to say it happens frequently but even once is too much in my opinion. Thanks for any help.

Creas,

I would recommend following the steps below to disable the buttons on your light as they are likely receiving some interference causing the issue you're having.

1. Power down all Radions for 30 seconds
2. Power on All Radions
3. Connect via USB to a single Radion - If NOT using a ReefLink*
4. Open the Connection Manager - If NOT using a ReefLink*
5. Log in to EcoSmart Live using either Google Chrome or Safari as your web browser
6. Select the "Devices" tab
7. Select the "Gear" icon next to "Light 1"
8. Check the box to disable the Radion buttons
9. Repeat steps 7 & 8 for each Radion
10. Select the "Done" button to save changes
11. Once the page refreshes select the "Program Aquarium"

If you continue to have issues after haven't contact us directly for more advanced troubleshooting, please call 800-785-0338 Ext. 2

OP
OP
creas

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creas,

I would recommend following the steps below to disable the buttons on your light as they are likely receiving some interference causing the issue you're having.

Thank you for your recommendation, I'll give it a shot?

Mopartech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I've tried disabling the buttons. I haven't had any issues. How about you guys?

OP
OP
creas

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to jinx it but I haven't had any issues either.

OP
OP
creas

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to jinx it but I haven't had any issues either.
And I spoke too sun. Sunday I noticed after the lights were on for a few hours that 2 of them were still in the blue/sunrise setting and 1 was at it's normal midday peak. I re-programmed and it was okay. :(

tygger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having this problem too on XR30 pro Gen 3s. Will try what was suggested tomorrow when the lights are on.

Hughesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @creas , sorry to bother you. I'm experiencing the same issue with my xr30 - did the steps above resolve your issues completely?
Many thanks in advance!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back