Radions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just switched to larger tank, I was running 4 Gen4 xr30 pro’s and bought a 4th for this tank. It is used. I installed them today and when I log onto ESL,It only finds one of the four, it used to run all three no issues. So my question is do I need to add with USB or what do I need to do?

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to use the fixture buttons to factory reset them and try again.

Side note, if they are new enough I would ditch ESL and move on to Mobius.

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EcoTech can tell you if you send them the serial numbers. Also, if they are not you can ship them in and they will add the chip for ~$20 a fixture. I had that done on one of mine.

OP
OP
Reefpro

Reefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sending in 6 xr30 pros might be a little spendy. Can I buy module and replace myself ?

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting….I had 3 XR30 Gen 4 pros and one was not Mobius ready. Their own site says they should all have been, weird.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you can get them programmed into Reeflink, you can find out there.
Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 7.50.42 PM.png

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just take apart the Radions and see if you have the correct chip for Mobius and then switch to Mobius and be done with it.

Or you can simply update and use Mobius and any Radions that do not connect, take them apart to check the WiFi chip set.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sad to say anything new for me want to open it up.. but some others are not as comfortable with that.
We will help you, so, do not fell sad. We Radion users will help in any way.

Convert to Mobius, update your Radions, and see what does not connect. Then we will help you along the way. ;)

Tbg299

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just switched to larger tank, I was running 4 Gen4 xr30 pro’s and bought a 4th for this tank. It is used. I installed them today and when I log onto ESL,It only finds one of the four, it used to run all three no issues. So my question is do I need to add with USB or what do I need to do?
What is ESL? Have you installed the Mobius app? I have Gen 5 radions so I don't know if it supports Gen 4's.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be getting a bit confused but are you saying you had 3 running on ESL already and now the 4th newly bought one won’t be found to add?

Or all four are not linked to ESL and when you try to start adding all of them as a fresh slate only 1 is found?

if you’ve never had any on ESL via a reeflink (you need to own a reeflink to connect them wirelessly) then you would need to set each up via USB. If you do have a reeflink but they aren’t being found then I’d do a factory reset and try again, one by one.

FYI, it’s very simple to see wether they have a green ESL chip inside or a black MOBIUS chip. You take the face plate off and it’s visible there. 4 screws only and it won’t void any warranty as if you buy a new chip they’ll expect you to do this anyway. Very simple to do.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back