Rags2Riches - The Learning Curve. 125g

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just left @Raege 's pad with a boat of lasagna and some pics. Check his BT for the eye candy!

FTS tonight when I got home... cheers all.
20200106_202555.jpg
Super nice !

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice !

Thanks bud. Almost time to just sit back and watch the grow out. Got plans this weekend, so the doser station will be put off another week. Soon though.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Raege this is phenomenal... we just woke up from a nap and I heated it up for dinner..
20200108_184205.jpg

Kalisha already killed half of hers before I could sit down. We both are NomNomNom! Thanks man! Was delish!
20200108_184405.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are foods which increase in flavor a day or two after they are cooked. Lasagna is one of them.

My grandmother regularly made lasagna with all fresh ingredients from scratch. She frowned upon using anything premade when she cooked. I can tell you that the difference between homemade pasta and premade is like the difference between a Carpet and Majano anemone. Same thing can be said about making sauce from scratch versus out of a can. Her lasagna and many other Italian dishes ruined me from 99% of other people's/restaurant Italian food. The shame of it all was she never wrote her recipes down. Anyways, she always made the lasagna the day before we ate it. She'd always let me steal a piece the day she made it as long as I promised not to tell anyone. She died at 91 years old in 2004. I think of her very often and still talk to her.

I'd still scarf down a big 'ol piece of @Raege 's lasagna, for sure, but would be thinking of my Nonna.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are foods which increase in flavor a day or two after they are cooked. Lasagna is one of them.

My grandmother regularly made lasagna with all fresh ingredients from scratch. She frowned upon using anything premade when she cooked. I can tell you that the difference between homemade pasta and premade is like the difference between a Carpet and Majano anemone. Same thing can be said about making sauce from scratch versus out of a can. Her lasagna and many other Italian dishes ruined me from 99% of other people's/restaurant Italian food. The shame of it all was she never wrote her recipes down. Anyways, she always made the lasagna the day before we ate it. She'd always let me steal a piece the day she made it as long as I promised not to tell anyone. She died at 91 years old in 2004. I think of her very often and still talk to her.

I'd still scarf down a big 'ol piece of @Raege 's lasagna, for sure, but would be thinking of my Nonna.
Grams' cooking never leaves my mind. Thanks for sharing that story bud. :)

Glad ya liked it I was a little heavy on fennel and lite on garlic but all from scratch so can't go to wrong
No complaints here, and we are garlic fiends. Was great man. Time for bed after the feast :) cheers

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick QT Video:

iPhone users link: Click Here

Got 4 hours till the better half is home. Might hit Mt. Snow Sunday with some family and my better half
@Scurvy Race ya to the bottom?

Gonna test in a few, no water change last week purposely. I want to compare to previous months' results, which were taken weekly, and see if the CA and DKH drop stayed relatively constant in relation to time without resupply via WC.

I am also going to taken out the pencil and paper, and begin taking measurements of the available space, and doodle my way to a design for the doser station, which I will be DIY building custom to take advantage of all the space I have remaining. I am really thinking about doing a full console and tearing the cabinet down as well. But that's a stretch of my motivation at the moment. The cabinet and wiring are complete and clean, albeit not how I imagined it. Once again, the reality is it's coming down. In a year or so. So why kill myself for a finished permanent build?

Juice ain't worth the squeeze I'm afraid. A complete Sub-Tank sump power and controller console will be meticulously planned for a dream build much farther in the future. For now, K.I.S.S.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you know I am forum addict, over the past 18 months to 2 years I have noticed loads of people just sort of take a breath and think "why does it need to be this complicated?"
It shouldn't be a juggling act, more a balancing act?! ;)
U already know I follow ur lead with basically 0 dosing at all. Balance the fuge grow light schedule with nutrients and then let it go, and grow ;)

And since ur here, I'll share my latest tests... hehe.

Sg down to 1.024. Winter is dry time and a ton of evap is occurring. Almost 12g a week I'm topping off in the RODI Resivoir. So I will assume the drop is in conjunction with the 6ft humidifier in my living room ;)

No3 back up to 10ish. Glad I cut the fuge light time down. Only running 7hrs a night now.

Po4 has jumped from .12 to .28 in a week. But I have been feeding heavily and target fed a mix of rotifers and a mix of 3 different coral food powders this morning. So no surprise there.

Dkh is down to 7.2 (.6 dkh drop per week, which is right on par for my typical results when I test weekly prior to my wc.

Ca followed suit coming in at 400ppm, and is also showing an predictable loss of 20-25ppm per week.

As I said before, I skipped the WC last week to reaffirm the results I have been getting, and these tests confirmed a nice pattern of consumption levels for me to get a good starting point for my dosing levels once I'm ready. For now, no water change, I will manually dose with my Seachem calculator and test again sunday to be sure I got the measurements right.

I also tested the QT now that it has had the 3 new fish additions in for 5 days and showed 0 ammonia. No3 at 35ppm. Good to go there, the ghost feeding during the fallow period did its job and kept the bacteria populations up to par to avoid dangerous spikes.

That's all for now, got a friend coming over for brews and cribbage. Happy friday all. Cheers.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of all of them Lenny was my favorite pic today!

One of my favorites by this guy too...

The master of modern blues.. I was fortunate enough to see him live at a small club back in the late 70’s, the most amazing guitarist ever! I was also able to go back stage back stage and meet his brother Jimmy back in the late 90’s and I also met double trouble a few years ago when they where backing up Kenny Wayne Shepherd at a venue only a few miles from my house.. RIP Stevie Ray

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The master of modern blues.. I was fortunate enough to see him live at a small club back in the late 70’s, the most amazing guitarist ever! I was also able to go back stage back stage and meet his brother Jimmy back in the late 90’s and I also met double trouble a few years ago when they where backing up Kenny Wayne Shepherd at a venue only a few miles from my house.. RIP Stevie Ray

That's fantastic! I love stories like this about people who experience others before they "make it big." Never met SRV but for all the money I spent seeing him play I could have probably had him give a private concert for me and my friends! Lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back