OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 month progression of the Purple stylo from @Scurvy is up to 7 branches. Splitting on every tip. Gonna be a nice colony I think.

20200421_134939.jpg

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am following i have gotten up to last April. pg 20. be caught up soon lol
That's a lot of laughs and tears to sift through. Best wishes! ;)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the foxface typically pick on it?
All my fish know when the glass feeder tube goes in the tank its game time. They have learned to pick the food off the LPS and dendros after feeding. So I literally stand there, with a glass wand scraper, and fend them off until I feel the coral has finished eating and then the flow comes back on. Target feeding in my reef is a 30minute mission of defending corals from piggy fish mouths. Heh.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested magnesium today as it is the only thing not being dosed currently. And I'm pretty much convinced something is wrong with the kit.

My entire 2 years I have never had Mg drop below 1450. According to red sea. But the ICP Oes results showed mg at 1300. Now, with only 1 water change in 3 months, my red sea kit is still showing Mg at 1560.

I dont want to dose blindly... but until the 2nd round of icp results come back I have no clue what I'm consuming. Hopefully I'll get the 2nd round of results back soon.

Didnt win the BRS F COVID giveaway, but I still ordered alk and po4 ULR reagent. Gonna try the RS AB+ Reef energy, opposed to Aquavitro Fuel.. Got 500mL of that too.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just catching up.. Zoa's look amazing man!! After months of being smothered in GHA I'm just starting to enjoy mine again :)

SPAM!!

97DF858B-56AC-4C6F-9D55-FD69EB8F173F.jpeg
Thanks bud..

So happy to hear ur over the hump with the algae issues. Those are some nice colors u got there :)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive tank! Have you upgraded your lights since the 2 hydras 48” strips from the beginning.. I breezed the 153 pages but that would take me about 2 months to fully read and digest all the content! Lol
Thanks a lot. Welcome to the learning curve :) 1st year was a rollercoaster. But once I dialed in the sump, refugium, and dosing, things are growing like mad recently. Makes me wanna get a 3rd hydra and fill the middle of the reef. But im moving across the country next spring. The reef will be sold off.

I still have just the 2 hydra 26hds and 2 led strips. Running AB+ modified on the hydras with boosted reds, greens, and a touch more cw with 24% peak time for 5 hours. 10hr total photo period.

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot. Welcome to the learning curve :) 1st year was a rollercoaster. But once I dialed in the sump, refugium, and dosing, things are growing like mad recently. Makes me wanna get a 3rd hydra and fill the middle of the reef. But im moving across the country next spring. The reef will be sold off.

I still have just the 2 hydra 26hds and 2 led strips. Running AB+ modified on the hydras with boosted reds, greens, and a touch more cw with 24% peak time for 5 hours. 10hr total photo period.
Wow that’s insane and puts my mind at ease..
I purchased 3 hydras a few years back to put over another tank I had but hit some bad patches over the past year, basement flooded, previous tank crashed with Dino’s, etc etc etc.. I scored a great deal on a brand new in box 125Long in February 2020 and started my new journey.

everyone is saying I need more lights and more lights and more lights! But I’m happy to hear someone being so successful with a similar build!

I’m following along from page 152ish and onward! You past you’re 1 year mark so update us with a full tank shot!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running AB+ modified on the hydras with boosted reds, greens, and a touch more cw with 24% peak time for 5 hours. 10hr total photo period.

I read the "AB+" thing mentioned often with leds, I have no idea what that is apart from a schedule, please feel free to not enlighten me, if it works it works! ;)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the "AB+" thing mentioned often with leds, I have no idea what that is apart from a schedule, please feel free to not enlighten me, if it works it works! ;)
LOL. Love this man.

It's a preprogrammed setting for the hydra schedules. With this particular schedule I can get the same curve on the spectrum as a Radion g4pro, without the par. BRS did a video on it.. It's a Dana Riddle type thing regarding photosynthesis rates under an "AB+" setting. It's trying to imitate the t5 color combo to achieve AB+ or whatever. You can also do this with the AI Primes as well. I'm no lighting guru, so that's the dumbed-down version. Be gentle @Fudsey if I'm wrong :D

Wow that’s insane and puts my mind at ease..
I purchased 3 hydras a few years back to put over another tank I had but hit some bad patches over the past year, basement flooded, previous tank crashed with Dino’s, etc etc etc.. I scored a great deal on a brand new in box 125Long in February 2020 and started my new journey.

everyone is saying I need more lights and more lights and more lights! But I’m happy to hear someone being so successful with a similar build!

I’m following along from page 152ish and onward! You past you’re 1 year mark so update us with a full tank shot!
I would recommend a third hydra, my par in middle of the sand bed is 60-80. That's why the gorgonians and dendrophyllia are there. I like the shadowy center of my reef. Its unique to the 7,000par full coast to coast lighting you see on most reefs. It does however limit you to coral placement to solely under each hydra. The strips just dont have the git to grow coral at these depths. Maybe if I lowered the canopy a few inches. Meh.

Its around 2 years now suprisingly:) fts you say? Here ya go sir... :)
20200425_102052.jpg

The queen sends her regards. ;)

20200425_100147(0).jpg

Cheers

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 89 46.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 44.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 18 9.4%
Back