Rainbow Acan with LED lighting? Advice please?

Darryn Lyon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
174
Reaction score
55
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32-gallon Biocube with the LED lighting. I was going to pick up a rainbow acan from a fairly local coral place, they have a 2-headed frag for about 50 bucks, and she just warned me that these guys can lose some of their spectacular color under LED lighting, and turn more orange, and to try to use T5 lighting if possible. She said it may happen, it may not.

I'm just wondering what the likelihood of this happening might be based on what you guys may have seen or read, and if it's a good idea to grab this acan?
 
I've found that some of the really awesome rainbow acans I have purchased have lost a lot of their awesomeness when I put them under my Radions.
 
Ive heard from random people that they can loose colors and all fade to a red/orange. BUT I have had 3 rainbows in my tanks-all LED-and they havent lost any color. Probably had them for 5 months.
 
Color fading has happened to me. At first I thought it was LED, but the more research I do the more it seems to be a water chemistry thing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new