Rainbow BTA Split - Light?

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an observation......
I'm new to anemone's and bought a RBTA about 5 months ago. Tank has been running about 2.5 years. I placed it where I wanted it and it stayed for about a month then moved to the backside of a huge rock where I couldn't see it without a mirror. Anyway, I've been feeding it almost every day with my homemade blended fish food and it was doing fine. It was only about 4" when I bought it and my two very large clowns have been hosting it on and off. I think they are too large for the anemone and I thought they might be bugging it. A month ago the anemone decided to move to the top of the rocks in the tank where I can see it - Yay! It seems to pretty much be the same size as when I bought it though. I had a power strip go out, so I replaced it and I must have bumped the setting on the timer for my lights. My lights go on at 12pm and off at 9pm normally. Well, my lights stayed on from 12pm to 6am the next day...about 17 hours. Everything looked ok, but the anemone was really hunkered down under a toadstool. The next day the anemone split. I think the lights might have stressed it into splitting.

OP
OP
GeoSquid

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the display tank at my LFS. Same thing happened to him.
1604684015400.png

OP
OP
GeoSquid

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 gallon tank, so I have some room if they want to make more. That looks a heck of a lot better than a tank full of Aips!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back