Rainbow Bubble tip anemone and Black widow bubble tip anemone together?

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if anyone has any experience keeping black widow and rainbow bubble tip anemone's in the same water column? I plan to run carbon and a UV sterilizer. Would be 140 ish total gallons and would start with 4 nems of each type. Want to keep each type in a separate tank tied to same sump.

Any thoughts? can it be done?

OP
OP
BrandonS

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that they will fight chemically with each other. I have also heard a RBTA is a RBTA and it doesn't matter.

OP
OP
BrandonS

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established 29gal bio cube rainbow and regular rose bta tank, bought a black widow and greens and they are living happy together so far. Also, I don’t do carbon.
That's awesome!! what is your water change schedule like if you don't mind me asking?

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome!! what is your water change schedule like if you don't mind me asking?
Honestly, whenever I remember or I feel like doing it. I even did a 3 months no water change and still the anemones never got bothered. This tank runs without skimmer but I am running an algae scrubber designed for bio cube.

OP
OP
BrandonS

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, whenever I remember or I feel like doing it. I even did a 3 months no water change and still the anemones never got bothered. This tank runs without skimmer but I am running an algae scrubber designed for bio cube.
Awesome! I will probably give it a try then. Thank you for the info!

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep quite a few different anemones in a single tank. I have not seen any trouble as of yet. I do run carbon but I do not change it religiously.

As far as btas go I would not worry. Mix and match as you please. They are mobile enough to arrange themselves accordingly. I have a feeling any person saying they have issues with others might have just had a bit of bad luck with an unhealthy tank mate. I cannot speak for an active propagation tank though. Cutting anemones is not something I do.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank full of Rainbows and every green BTA that I try over a course of a year has not survived.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never knew you couldnt put different anemones in same tank! OMG! I just won a nexus for 157 and a black widow for 99. Great deals I hate to pass up but I also have rainbow and its only a 36 gallon! I have quite a few rainbows as well because of babies. The other day I flipped over my main rock and I think there are babies possibly rotting under there! I keep adding prime every 3 days incase! I need to buy another ammonia test kit!

I have just spent about 3k in alot of highend corals I am adding that I dont want to loose! I lost about 5k or more last year! Different reason! I am in a pickle for sure!
I do have another 20 g aio I could possibly put one in but its so small and possibility of them stinging other corals. Has anyone had a problem with that? My rainbow seems to stay clear of others and hasnt been a problem! I also dont have guards on my wavemakers. I don think they make them for this tiny hygger and cheap jaebos! Appreciate any advice,

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back