Can you house a Colorado with a black widow anemone?

Oceanavekid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone has kept both black widow and Colorado anemone in the same tank. I know they’re both bubble tips but being different variations not sure if they can be housed together

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of threads on this
50/50 chance they will coexist

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above. There's anecdotal evidence out there of people having issues. Carbon can help.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several rainbow, several rose, a black widow, and a Colorado in the same system without any signs of allelopathy between them. The Colorado was added 4 months ago, but as an initial precaution, was placed in a separate frag tank (without any other anemones in it), but, this tank is connected to the main system with my other two anemone tanks. They all share the same water via a communal refugium and sump. The Colorado has great color, fully inflates every day, and has a great feeding response, as do all the other BTAs. It might still be too soon for a definitive statement that they are fine together, at least in my situation, but I would think I'd have seen problems by now.
I am considering moving the Colorado into one of the other anemone tanks. Might do that this weekend.
I also have several Magnifica, a few LTA's, a couple Sebae, a large Haddoni, and several rock flowers in this system as well.
Total water volume amongst the 3 display tanks, refugium, and sump is around 180 gallons factoring in rock displacement.
I do run carbon constantly, heavy protein skim, and diligent 20% water changes weekly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back