Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemone Losing Colour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jhunter01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have 4 anemones and they are losing their color. They are turning darker so more of a brown color rather than the rainbow it should be. Any suggestions on why this is happening? Thanks in advance

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few things that you could start to look at here.

One is lighting. I would start by comparing your lighting to the lighting that the anemones were under when you bought them. Is it similar? Do you have more light? Less light? This is anecdotal, but I've found that my bubble tips tend to do best under about 200 par.

Like always, water parameters are also something to consider. When I have fish, coral, or invert issues, one of my first moves is to give the tank a full testing rundown. At a minimum, this will help me rule out major water parameters as the issue.

Third is flow. While this isn't likely the cause of your anemones changing color, you want to make sure that you're not blasting them directly with flow and stressing them out. Anemones will *usually* move around when they're unhappy with their flow situation, but not always.

@revhtree , maybe we can move this to the Anemone & Clownfish Discussion to get more eyes on it?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back