Rainbow bubble Tip color change

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought this was super neat! My one rainbow bubble tip is lighter color. It used to be darker like the one next to it. The darker is a split from a while ago! Is that normal?

20240428_111618.jpg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thought this was super neat! My one rainbow bubble tip is lighter color. It used to be darker like the one next to it. The darker is a split from a while ago! Is that normal?

20240428_111618.jpg
Very normal. Depending on where they are in tank and how much PAR they’re getting or whether you’re feeding one more than the other or how much they inflate depending on how much flow each is getting… all of these things can and will affect color. Super neat.

OP
OP
officialreefbros

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very normal. Depending on where they are in tank and how much PAR they’re getting or whether you’re feeding one more than the other or how much they inflate depending on how much flow each is getting… all of these things can and will affect color. Super neat.
That's the weird part is they are always right next to eachother! So everything is the same!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours is bubbling more than many. I know most folks say it's a mystery why some bubble and some don't but in my tank the ones in lower flow bubble more. The ones in higher flow have long flowing tentacles. Both under similar light.

EDIT I've had the double tentacle thing. They are interesting creatures for sure.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 57 27.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back