Rainbow haddoni

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this nice haddoni last week. Picture under 100% blues. Orange, green, blue, purple, and yellow colors are present.

haddoni.jpg

Why is there no haddoni picture thread? There are so many nice ones out there. Please add yours to this thread!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed it's disease free. I intended to keep it in quarantine for a month before putting it in my tank with my other haddoni, which I've had for about 5 years, but the quarantine tank sprung a leak yesterday. This pic is from just after moving the nem to the display.

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow That’s a real pretty nem! I don’t want to tell the emperor that he’s naked, but you sure that’s a haddoni?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this nice haddoni last week. Picture under 100% blues. Orange, green, blue, purple, and yellow colors are present.

haddoni.jpg

Why is there no haddoni picture thread? There are so many nice ones out there. Please add yours to this thread!
What did you pay for that beauty ? You can pm me the amount if not wanting to post here :)

OP
OP
R

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow That’s a real pretty nem! I don’t want to tell the emperor that he’s naked, but you sure that’s a haddoni?
Yes, reasonably sure. It’s not mertensii as it doesn’t have red/orange verrucae on the underside of the of the disc, the tentacle spacing around the mouth is consistent with haddoni, as is the undulating disc surface. It’s definitely not tapetum as it doesn’t have the fringing tentacles of tapetum. It could be an unidentified stichodactyla, but I’d be fine with that. I should add the nem is about 10” across when open (and of course not as brightly colored when fully open).

OP
OP
R

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait you paid less than a red haddoni?

This seems crazy to me..
The pic is under blues. It’s not nearly as nice under white light, certainly not compared to the red haddoni it shares a tank with. The store I got it from has, in my opinion, among the most ‘honest’ pictures of vendors online and they price honestly too.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen one quite like that. Nice snag! Cannot wait to see a picture of your red and that rainbow. I had to give my haddoni away as it kept eating fish. I went with malus instead and they are doing great.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic is under blues. It’s not nearly as nice under white light, certainly not compared to the red haddoni it shares a tank with. The store I got it from has, in my opinion, among the most ‘honest’ pictures of vendors online and they price honestly too.
Where did you buy it from?

OP
OP
R

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you buy it from?
Austin aqua farms. Definitely one of the best stores out there for LPS, hands down. Matt is a stand up guy. Very healthy stock, good prices, and if there any shipping issues, they are taken care of.

Again, this pic is under all blue though and just after the nem was moved, so the colors are concentrated and very flattering.

OP
OP
R

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I should post photos of mine some year, I have three: red, purple, and electric blue.

If it starts inflating and deflating: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/p...reatment-of-s-haddoni-carpet-anemones.888426/
An update. I got back from some AYSO activities to find this:

DB77EA8D-3C03-42E4-B18E-A8CF8ED7DAAA.jpeg

I had to cut the cross flow pump apart to get it out. I also had a bit of worry as my red haddoni started inflating and deflating the day after adding the Rainbow nem. It stopped after 5 days or so and seems fine now, but it has never done this previously.
Fingers crossed that both will be fine. I should add that about 3 years ago the red haddoni got caught in a tunze 6105 and got completely mangled, living only the foot, but it fully recovered in about 4 weeks.

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sincerest hopes that you will have another recovery. Thank you for sharing your experience, it is so easy these days to think experienced reefers never face these setbacks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back