Rainbow millepora?!

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
1,443
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef2reef members! Saturday I am picking up what is supposed to be a rainbow millepora! This is my first time trying this coral as I am putting it under a kessil tuna blue a 160, in my cube build. I am getting it from a local guy off of Craigslist. Can you help me out by identifying that this is actually what I am buying. And or what I should be looking for or lookout for with this coral. Like I said this is my first time picking this kind of specimen up so I want to make sure it's going to be healthy.

To me it looks a little bit under colored, is there a way to bring back it's color quicker other than nutrients.
Sidenote, let's see your Millepora!

IMG_5749.PNG
 
I'm not entirely sold on the Rainbow part, but that is indeed A. millepora.
kinda what I was thinking as well... but for 15$ meh lol he said he has switched lighting and it was under LED before.
 
For 15 I wouldn't really care it look plenty good enough for that. Odds are you can get more colors out of it too.
 
For 15 I wouldn't really care it look plenty good enough for that. Odds are you can get more colors out of it too.
he mentioned that under his LED it had lots of pink and green... So maybe not rainbow?
 
A little early to know for sure. Let it acclimate to your system and see what colors come from it. It's a nice frag what ever it turns out to be!
 
Nice for $15! I think there are 5,435,235 rainbow sps out there now :)

Keep it happy and you'll more than likely get some nice colors
 
Okay guys I think it's safe to say it's acclimated to my system quite nicely!!! What are your thoughts now?! I'm seeing lots of green coming through at all the tips and base with pink/ almost purple?

IMG_7152.JPG
 
Good growth and polyp extension. Hard to tell the colors but my milleporas love more intense lighting so you can probably move it up more.

I will try and get better pics tonight! It’s got hot pink towards the most intense light, it’s got crazy PE.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new