Rainbow Spathulata Growth! Wish me luck

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefer40b
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2017
Messages
1,692
Reaction score
2,452
Location
Severance, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided to try out my efforts on a hard one... Meet my rainbow Spath! one side doesn't have polyps as that was the shaded part from the sellers tank. Excited for this one! Pic taken 03/09/19
LRM_EXPORT_176184625915341_20190311_153054497.jpeg
 
I love a nice spathulata! I'm on my second one in this tank... my first actually did pretty well, was growing with decent color. But I lost it last year in a contamination/mini-crash event. Just picked up another in January, it was pretty bleached out when I got it so still trying to get it to color-up. So far, so good.

That is a very nice, vibrant color on yours! They seem to pale out super easily, so I'd say you are off to a good start.
 
I just put this in the eye candy thread. I will say this.. when I do frag it, the frags grow extremely slow for some reason but the colony grows relatively fast.
Like purple monster type slowness
E1B3DAF5-4C48-4241-BDC1-7924ED935F80.jpeg

Awesome!
 
Well its doing good, minor base encrusting and little more color and PE. Snagged a couple more spath frags to test them out they are in my frag system though, great color on them too.
Here the Rainbow: 4/9/19 update

LRM_EXPORT_280658744092219_20190410_133328440.jpeg
The other 2
LRM_EXPORT_279936786013067_20190410_131603376.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_280054506610522_20190410_131801097.jpeg
 
Well I decided to try out my efforts on a hard one... Meet my rainbow Spath! one side doesn't have polyps as that was the shaded part from the sellers tank. Excited for this one! Pic taken 03/09/19
LRM_EXPORT_176184625915341_20190311_153054497.jpeg
Thanks for sharing, seems like a good challenge don't give up, comrade
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new