Rainbow Yuma not looking great

  • Thread starter Thread starter jordanrb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jordanrb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Messages
224
Reaction score
58
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rainbow yuma has been looking deflated and droopy the last few days. Sitting in 110 par at peak. It is my newest coral only 2 weeks old.

All my other corals are happy including half a dozen mushrooms in the same spot.

This is my nicest and most expensive mushroom so I would like to try and save it but cant figure out what the issue might be.
14578.jpg

14579.jpg
 
I think parameters like salinity, alkalinity, nitrate, and phosphate might help to get a better idea of your system. Until then the community can only make some blind guesses.

I don't see a coral frag plug (maybe it's just the photo) did you remove the plug? Maybe you accidentally damaged the coral during the process?
 
I think parameters like salinity, alkalinity, nitrate, and phosphate might help to get a better idea of your system. Until then the community can only make some blind guesses.

I don't see a coral frag plug (maybe it's just the photo) did you remove the plug? Maybe you accidentally damaged the coral during the process?
It came on a small piece of rubble that I glued.

My salinity is 8.4 steady. Salinity 1.025 steady. Nitates are 35ppm and phosphates are 0.10ppm steady
 
looks melting bleaching from the top while hiding its mouth the problem with taking high end corals to high levels of par is anything that stresses them will kill them the straw that broke the camel's back
 
looks melting bleaching from the top while hiding its mouth the problem with taking high end corals to high levels of par is anything that stresses them will kill them the straw that broke the camel's back
It was in 100+ par at the lfs. I can put it in lower but all my other yumas sit in that range and do perfectly fine
 
I’ve had hundreds of Yumas through the years a few of them will unavoidably behave weirdly like this and eventually melt even if the water parameter is fine while all other corals do well. Lower light intensity will help but be prepared that some Yuma just can not be saved.
 
I’ve had hundreds of Yumas through the years a few of them will unavoidably behave weirdly like this and eventually melt even if the water parameter is fine while all other corals do well. Lower light intensity will help but be prepared that some Yuma just can not be saved.
yeah i agree just recently had a pink yuma randomly fade away whereas the king kong next to is happier than ever
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new