Raindog's 20 L Not So Cheapo

Thank you! I follow the usual maintenance: top off twice a day, feed once a day (normally) and blast everything with obscene amounts of that glorious Kessil shimmer!
Plus the occasional water change, I do my best to get them in monthly, but that doesn't always happen.

I don't even want to know what my Calcium is at...haven't tested in awhile :P
 
Good looking tank. I too, am planning a 20 Long setup. How do you like the Kessel lights? Worth the $700?
 
Good looking tank. I too, am planning a 20 Long setup. How do you like the Kessel lights? Worth the $700?
Super worth it! Well, to put some clarity into that, I purchased the big boys with the plan to reuse them on a larger tank in the future. I have the little A80 over another tank, and 2 of those would have likely been just as awesome in such a shallow system. I will also note, the A360we's don't go over 40 or 45% at the height of my light schedule. I also have to send some praise to the Icecap Gyre 1k pump, while it too is overkill for this size system, it does it's job very well! I run it on a random pulse between 10-30%. The pump is a little loud, but I have NO dead spots in the reef.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new